Despite the pandemic, many companies are going ahead with hiring for key roles, in some instances without ever having physically been in the same place with the candidates. Here are some insights on getting to know a candidate, assessing fit, getting your team comfortable with a hire, and ultimately preparing the candidate to make the leap. Click here to read the full article.
Our team at Verriez is honoured to share some exciting news: we’ve been selected by Hunt Scanlon as one of Canada’s Top 60 Recruiters! As one of the few firms based in Southwestern Ontario, we’re especially pleased to be included.
As you may already know, we take pride in helping our clients develop their talent acquisition and succession planning strategies, solve their hiring challenges, and build exceptional teams that will help them grow and prosper, especially in these challenging times.
We are a bespoke boutique firm and do all our searches in-house, from first meeting to final placement and beyond, including onboarding check-ins with both client and candidate. We make certain that we gain a profound understanding of the needs of our clients and the role itself, so we can tailor our search to ensure a great fit. With a combined experience of 65 years, our team is capable of recruiting at the highest levels with both discretion and efficiency.
We are delighted to be recognized and are ready to partner with you. To discuss your C-Suite, Senior Leadership, or Senior Finance recruitment requirements, whether current, ongoing, or anticipated, email Paul Verriez, Brent Verriez, or Tara Forster Sowa, or call us in complete confidence at 519-673-3463 or 416-847-0036.
Onboarding is a critical factor in the success and retention of any new hire. Throw in a pandemic, however, and doing it well becomes even more important. Challenges include meeting and bonding with the new team remotely, learning the company culture and values. Shorter, more frequent check-ins can help, as well as letting your new hire participate in setting goals. Click here to read the full article.
Even as COVID-19 played a disruptive role in business and lives this year, one thing remains certain: organizations will need every ounce of talent they can acquire to guide them through this current situation and to drive growth in 2021 and beyond. Your search for that exceptional talent should start now.
Regardless of whether your business is growing or you’re replacing a role, there is no more important decision than choosing the key people in your organization. As well as bringing in the required skills to maintain your current standards and/or kick the company up a notch, they may hire or approve other people in the company, set the tone for values, and make key decisions that will mean success or failure every business day.
Five Key Steps:
- Start with a comprehensive audit of your company's current team and compare it with requirements for the coming months and years. Identify the gaps that need to be filled to achieve your company goals. If you are expanding, diversifying, or need to find investment, be clear in your mind about what you need and recruit accordingly. Circulate the job description to obtain input and comments from all stakeholders.
- Decide on the interview process, timeline, and roles. Who will interview the candidates? Who will have final veto power or be responsible for the ultimate hiring decision? Many companies fail because the individuals that conduct the screening and interviewing of candidates lack the in-depth knowledge of the position they are trying to fill.
- Leverage your stakeholders with the skills and experience you need for the hiring process. Interviewing a senior executive without possessing the right interview skills or knowledge of the role being recruited can harm your process. It can discourage the best candidates and lead them to conclude that the company doesn’t take recruitment seriously or value candidates. You will be perceived as wasting their time.
- Consider: why should a prospective candidate join you over your competition? Investing time into crafting and communicating your candidate message ensures consistency and assists with your overall recruitment process blueprint. What you offer to prospective employees is as important as what you hope to gain.
- Think about partnering with a specialist search consultant. They are highly knowledgeable about current hiring trends and have access to the hidden employment market, including professionals who are not actively looking for work. It’s a well-known fact that nearly 50% of individuals are open to a discussion with a well-respected recruiter; these are individuals who don’t browse job sites or check company websites for current vacancies. Their deep networks and knowledge of the industry, afford them the personal understanding to identify the right senior-level match between employer and employee. The right Search Partner is an extension of your business and worth their weight in gold.
Now is the time to look to the future and start the search process. The demand for top senior finance management is high and companies that will be best positioned after the crisis are looking ahead to what comes next. If you’re ready to plan for a successful 2021, give us a call at 519-673-3463 or 416-847-0036.
November 11, 2020 – As remote work becomes more prominent in everyone’s life, it is vital that executives pay extra attention to their virtual business interactions. Without personal contact, culture becomes harder to convey. Technical difficulties become obstacles to communication. And personal chemistry is more challenging to establish. These days, it seems more critical than ever that encounters are well planned, well-managed and efficient.
Meet the changemakers, trailblazers and influencers making moves on the London business scene.
“As crazy as it sounds, a lot of companies don’t really know what they want,” says Paul Verriez about the hiring process. “Or, if they do, they don’t know how to describe what they want.”
Take, for example, a local position the Verriez Group helped to fill recently that called for a senior accountant. The parent company, based in Italy, decided they actually wanted an engineer to fill the role. Verriez and his team found an engineer with an MBA ― the best of both worlds. But it took sitting down and working with the company to better flush out their needs.
We are speaking with Paul Verriez, President, Brent Verriez, Vice-President, and Tara Forster Sowa, Director of Research & Administration at Verriez, the leading boutique executive search firms in Ontario and the only fully retained search firm in Southwestern Ontario. Leading national and international businesses trust Verriez to source outstanding candidates for varied and challenging executive roles, and to ensure the best 'fit' possible. The company is celebrating its 35 year anniversary here in London. Click here to read the original article
The ripple effect of COVID-19 will forever change the way we conduct business. Virtual hiring methods are here to stay, in one form or another, and knowing how to effectively connect, communicate and execute sound decisions remotely is essential.”
One thing is clear: organizations can and should continue to move forward and make critical hiring decisions. They cannot afford to sit on the sidelines in the competitive market for senior finance talent.
If you need help mapping your talent strategy, give us a call at 519-673-3463 or 416-847-0036. Click here to read the full article.
The worldwide pandemic has served to highlight areas in which businesses need to change or improve, particularly when it comes to senior finance roles. New talent may be required, and though the current crisis has created challenges for organizations, we have proven that recruiting and hiring can be successfully achieved in a remote environment. If you need help in assessing your needs or have a hiring challenge, call us at 519-673-3463 or 416-847-0036. Click here to read the full article
Too many business leaders make the mistake of dismissing the very idea of having a LinkedIn profile. After all, they say, they are not looking for a job. But are you looking to attract top talent to your team? By boosting your executive visibility, you’ll gain more credibility, generate more engagement for your business, and significantly broaden your network.” If you’d like more insight into attracting the best talent, give us a call at 519-673-3463 or 416-847-0036. Click here to read the full article.